Hyatt Maintenance Manager in TORONTO, Canada
Leads the Maintenance Department, ensuring all guest needs are met or exceeded through preventative maintenance practices; responsible for the oversight of the operation of the hotel. Maintains quality and consistency throughout all maintenance service aspects and ensures all departmental colleagues are qualified and trained appropriately.
1. Establishes maintenance standards ensuring that these are maintained. 2. Supporting and enforcing all corporate federal, provincial and city maintenance operating policies and procedures. 3. Develops implements and enforces departmental policies and procedures. 4. Develops implements and maintains hands-on colleague training programs. 5. Supervises colleagues, facilitates the on-boarding of new departmental hires, prepares schedules, carries out performance appraisals, mediates colleague disputes, trains and develops colleagues, and carries out disciplinary action. 6. Responsible for maximizing departmental profit. 7. Prepares an annual departmental budget, monitoring progress throughout the year. 8. Generates capital projects carrying out research on suppliers, pricing, and fabric selection. 9. Sets short and long-term departmental goals, and develops strategies to achieve them. This includes establishing a long term effective preventative maintenance plan. 10. Represents the Hotel at meetings of professional associations. 11. Conducts quarterly departmental meetings and attends all required in-house meetings. 12. Providing the following shift with a complete, accurate and up-to-date log book of the daily activities and follow up on recorded notations as required and conducts daily briefings. 13. Responding to individual guest needs and departmental needs as they occur. 14. Meets with guests to resolve complaints and respond to requests. 15. Schedules special maintenance projects and monitors the work. 16. Inspects guest rooms, public and service areas of the Hotel, ensuring that standards of repair are maintained. 17. Controls the issuance of maintenance supplies and tools. 18. Schedules and performs preventative maintenance to all equipment. 19. Ensuring proper installation, repair and maintenance of all equipment and services. 20. Ensures that health, safety and fire procedures and regulations are followed. 21. Liaises with other departments, ensuring communication and the coordination of activities. 22. Completes checks, authorizes, and submits payroll information; monitoring daily labour costs. 23. Participates in taking inventories. Investigates new products, liaising with suppliers. 24. Responsible for monthly inspections in regards to the safety and upkeep of the hotel.
25. Schedules weekly preventative maintenance repairs and follows up with the proper documentation to the Department Heads. 26. Identifies time frames and determines when repairs are conducted by rating the work hazards. Assigns responsibility for repair and documents that repair is completed. 27. Maintains a complete list of equipment that requires repair and logs status updates accordingly. 28. Performs other tasks, as assigned by Senior Management.
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance supervisory experience, preferably in a unionized Hotel or related industry.
- Post-secondary technical degree or related industry certification.
- Recognized designation such as a minimum 4thclass or higher operating Engineers licence.
- F amiliarity with Canadian and provincial employment, labour law, construction and building code regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of guests, employees and management.
- Excellent organizational, computer, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift weight up to 70 pounds.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto
Organization: Hyatt Regency Toronto
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Engineering/Facility Maintenance
Req ID: TOR001191