Hyatt Maintenance (Minor Repair) Engineer in VANCOUVER, Canada
Does the Hyatt spirit shine in you? At Hyatt, we believe our guests select the Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
Hyatt Regency Vancouver is seeking a talented, dedicates, customer service focused individual to join the Engineering department as Maintenance Minor Repair.
A member of the Hyatt Regency Vancouver Engineering team, the Maintenance Minor Repair plays a critical role in maintaining the general condition of the property with regards to all aspects of basic electrical, carpentry, plumbing, mechanical and painting work . Reporting directly to the Assistant Director of Engineering and Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Minor Repair promptly completes maintenance request work orders from all departments and participates in the hotel’s preventive maintenance program .
Interested applicants must be available for graveyard shifts (weekdays, weekends, including holidays).
Starting wage is at $19.03/hour; after 6 months it goes up to $22.20/hour; after one year wage is at $25.37/ hour.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You are more than welcome.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- A minimum of two year general maintenance experience is required, with hotel experience preferred
- Must be available to work various shifts especially Graveyard shifts (weekdays, weekends and including holidays)
- Basic understanding and knowledge of bathroom plumbing fixtures, door, hardware and HVAC required.
- Must be able to work with minimal or no supervision
- Previous experience in a hotel/service industry is an asset
- Must be an excellent team player and able to work with a diverse group of individuals and guests
- Must be able to engage customers in a professional conversation at all times
- Must be able to prioritize
- Must be excellent in multi-tasking
- Must have refined verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset
- Able to Review and maintain daily checklists and work sheets
- Able to Perform work in accordance with preventive maintenance program.
- Able to perform basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting and preventive maintenance work orders; replace HVAC filters.
- Able to take daily readings on Pool / Spa chemicals.
- Able to assist electrician, plumber, Lead Mechanics and painter in all phases of repair work.
- Able to maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area which includes inventories, requisition (receipt and storage), trash removal and clean up
- Able to Report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; and properly store flammable materials.
- Able to maintain complete knowledge of, and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures, and standards.
- Able to maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment only as intended.
Additional duties, as assigned.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing throughout shift
- Frequent walking throughout the shift
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs, ladders and ramps
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 50 pounds
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Organization: Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Engineering/Facility Maintenance
Req ID: VAN001010
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.